Friday, October 15, 2010

Dare You Peek?

Today's yarny horror is known as a "Pottie Peeker". 

Yes, you read that right. 
Here it is again, cutely decorated with scrolls of toilet paper:

Now, you may be asking yourself, "What exactly is a Pottie Peeker?  Or do I even want to know?"
Well, according to the vintage magazine in which I found them, "it's a characterization of a person or animal especially for the bathroom.  It's also a dispenser for bathroom tissue". 


"Oh," you're now thinking.  "One of those.  Aren't they just the upper half of a Barbie doll wearing a (crocheted) dress with a full (crocheted) skirt that 'artfully' conceals a roll of t.p.?  Yeah, already seen that.  Next!" 

But not so hasty, friend!  No, not all toilet paper beauty aids (protectors? I d'know.  What's their purpose, anyway?) come in doll-dress format.  No, they sometimes look like cakes, poodles, sushi rolls-- there are even some that are made to look like a roll of toilet paper.  (That just blew your mind, didn't it? ...Well, unless you've already seen it done, maybe...)

Anyway, back to the point.  Those doll-dress t.p. covers are so twentieth-century boring.  Besides, all they do is cover a roll of t.p.-- pointless!  Why would you settle for that when you could have a toilet paper dispenser like this?


A toilet paper dispenser that feeds the t.p. out of a (crocheted) dog's behind?  Awesome!!  ...is what we're apparently supposed to be thinking when we see this.  What I actually think is closer to this:  *pause to give the poor brain time to process this bizarre concept* What?? Why? Ew... And... do I really want a t.p. dispenser made of something soft, absorbant, and difficult to keep clean?  This is, after all, something that will be touched by (or come awfully close to being touched by) possibly "soiled" hands... Aw, I'm overthinking this.  I don't need to defend or explain my position.  Just look at the thing!

Consider yourself horrified for the day. 

3 comments:

  1. I think I have to make this. I really do. It will be a source of amusement for the rest of my life. I think I'll put it in the guest bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, please tell me where you found the image/pattern!! My life will never be complete untill I have one of these in my home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me to where did you find this pattern pamie

    ReplyDelete