Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Polyp Barnacle Sea-Creature Fashion

It's been a while since my high school course of marine biology, so you'll have to bear with me here...

I can't quite place the name, but I know there's some sort of creature living on the ocean floor that simply must have been the inspiration for this unusual hat and scarf set:

Barnacle Beanie?
Coral Polyp Cap? 

Eh, whatever. 
The point is, yuck. 

(I've convinced myself that even the chihuahua looks mildly embarrassed to be in the same photo with that hat.)
 
I'm kind of disappointed with whoever arranged this photo, though... Clearly, the thing to do here was to have the model's hair plaited into numerous small braids, then thread them through the openings in the hat so that they flopped every which way.  Such a missed opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment