Friday, June 4, 2010

Knitted No-No

According to my copy of The Know-It-All's Guide to the World, knitted pants are a knitted no-no.

I don't care that they have cool cables running down the sides of the legs.

I don't care that they match your knitted sweater perfectly.

I don't care that you're a grown woman who wears her hair in pigtails* and carries around a balloon for no apparent reason.

Just don't do it.

. . .Well, unless you really want to, of course.  No-one can stop you but yourself.  But don't come crying to me when people stare.  (The world can be so cruel. . .)

*It has come to my attention that in some regions of the English-speaking world, "pigtails" refers to two braids of hair (Pippi Longstocking-style hairdo).  Apparently they call this style "bunches" or "angel wings".  Huh.  You learn somethin' new every day.  (Whether you like it or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment