Thursday, April 15, 2010

Get Thee to a Nunnery!

When my husband first saw this one, he didn't think it was that bad.  Maybe he thought I liked it and was trying to be supportive.  After all, it does look like an oversized doily, and I am in the process of learning doily-making.  (Hush.  We all have our weaknesses.  One of mine happens to be crochet lace.) 



Anyway, I don't know what he was thinking, but here are my problems with this one:
  1. It is so very, very PINK.  Pink is fine in moderation, but this is too much (possibly because of the background detail photo).
  2. (As mentioned earlier...) It looks like a gigantic (pink) doily has engulfed the model in crochet lace. 
  3. It's hard to tell for sure because of the posing, but it looks like the sleeves are way too long.  A little extra length in the sleeves, ok.  This much, no.  
  4. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it looks like the model isn't wearing anything under the crocheted top.  (This would explain the odd pose, would it not?  Cleverly (?) using the arms/elbows to cover the naughty bits?)  You should never (no, never) wear holey crocheted or knitted lace without first putting on something underneath.  (For goodness sake, girl, at least wear a bra!)  It's indecent, and it's almost single-handedly leading to the moral breakdown of modern civilization. 
But aside from that, I love it.

ETA:  Apologies for the lack of a photo with this post, earlier.  Also, upon looking at this photo again (and another, in which the model is posing in a different position), I see that she is wearing something (a bra) under the crocheted top.  (As well she should.)  However, I am still shocked to my very core-- and plan to remain so for the foreseeable future.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment