Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Someone Bring the Pruning Shears

I'll be the first to admit that, as an afghan-doily-crocheter-type person, I have a thing for motifs.  I tend to collect them-- even hoard them away like a chipmunk storing nuts for the winter.  I'll probably never get around to crocheting all the motifs I have squirreled away, but that's not the point.  The point is that when I see a new one, I must have it for my collection.  (It may be a sickness.  The test results aren't in, yet. . .)

Still, even a motif-lover such as myself knows that there are lines that shouldn't be crossed.  There is such a thing as too much-- especially when it comes to sweaters overgrown with poofy, three-dimensional motifs. 


It looks like someone planted a crochet rose bush, then neglected to prune it for twenty years, resulting in a mishmash of yarn that threatens to eat this poor woman alive.

Again, I generally like floral, dimensional motifs-- but this. . . Ick.

(Also:  How much extra weight do you reckon all those flowers add to the sweater?)

No comments:

Post a Comment